Congratulations! Now that your pregnancy is the real deal, it’s time to break the good news to your nearest and dearest!
Whether this is your first or your third time, a surprise or part of your plan – sharing this kind of news is always special.
Watching your friends and family react is half the fun. The other half is deciding how you’re going to make the big announcement. Here are some ideas on how to make your pregnancy announcement memorable:
Telling your partner
- Whether your pregnancy is a surprise or an expected part of your plan – telling your partner may be the most special moment.
- Tell your partner to hold out their hand and place a single pea or corn kernel on their palm. Say something like, “Want to hear something amazing? This is how small our baby is right now.”
- Buy two onesies, one pink and a blue one. When your partner gets home, take them into the bedroom, pull them out and ask them, “What color do you think we are going to need?”
- If your partner has a sweet tooth, ice a cupcake or biscuit with the words, “I can’t wait to meet you”.
Telling your family
- Your family may have known you your whole life. This could be some of the most exciting news they will hear from you.
- Get the family together for a photo and instead of ‘Say cheese’ ask the photographer to say, ‘Say ‘We’re pregnant!’ You will capture their reactions and have that memory for life.
- If you are announcing your pregnancy close to Christmas time, give the members of your family a small package and tell them it is something to hang on their tree. Include a pair of baby booties or a dummy and wait for their reaction.
- When you visit your family to make your big announcement, walk into their home with your partner, each holding a balloon — one pink and one blue. Wait to see how long they take to realize the significance.
- If you already have a child or children, wrap up a wrap up a nappy and a bunny rug, give them the present and see how long it takes them to realize what their gifts are for.
Telling the world
- Telling the world can seem like a daunting task, but there are a bunch of fun ways you can get the job done.
- Take a picture of your baby's cot with a little outfit and pair of baby socks inside and post it on Facebook or your preferred social media site with a caption. You can always send the photo out via good old snail mail if that’s more your style.
- If you have pets, take a picture of them with a sign around their neck that says ”big brother” or “big sister” and post it on social media or send it out via the post.
- Announce your big news with your social media profile. Change your profile picture to a photo of your positive pregnancy test and wait for the comments to fly in.
Do you know that an average baby will need 1057 nappy changes in the first 6 months? Get exclusive promotions and free diaper samples by joining the Huggies Club now!
The information published herein is intended and strictly only for informational, educational, purposes and the same shall not be misconstrued as medical advice. If you are worried about your own health, or your child’s well being, seek immediate medical advice. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website. Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries assumes no liability for the interpretation and/or use of the information contained in this article. Further, while due care and caution has been taken to ensure that the content here is free from mistakes or omissions, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information here, and to the extent permitted by law, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries do not accept any liability or responsibility for claims, errors or omissions.