There’s no time like the present to start getting organized for your new bundle of joy. It may seem like you have plenty of time but the next few months will fly.
Before your little one arrives there are a bunch of things you’re going to want to buy and stock up on (or at least consider), so that your first few months run as smoothly as possible.
Shopping for your baby can be exciting and intimidating at the same time. Buying their tiny clothes and imagining the miracle growing is enough to make anyone melt. This said, with so many baby products on the market these days it’s hard to know where to start. We can help!
Here is a simple checklist to help you remember all the essential items you will need when your baby arrives.
- Pram or stroller
- Baby car seat
- At least two sets of baby bedding (sheets, blankets, mattress and mattress protector)
- Three or more baby wraps
- Soft baby towels and face washers
- Baby soap or body wash
- Baby wipes and cotton wool balls and tips
- Nappy rash cream
- Round-tipped nail scissors
- Baby carrier (can be part of your pram)
- Baby bath (or you can use a sink or your regular bath with bath seat at home)
- Nappy bin
- Nappy stacker
- Baby bouncer
- Breast pump
- Breast pads
- Safety equipment, such as gates, child-resistant locks and catches, stove guard and door knob covers
- Baby monitor
- Colourful rattles and other amusements
- Portable changing mat
- Pram rain cover
- Car window shade
- Bassinet or cot
- Change table and mat
- Rocking or other comfortable chair for feeding
- Highchair (after about 5 months of age)
- Night light
Clothing and accessories
- Six singlets, size 000
- Six onesies size 000 (short sleeved, long sleeved, or a combination, depending on when they’re due)
- Two cardigans or jackets for cold days
- A hat (a soft sunhat for summer and a beanie or two for winter)
- Two pairs of socks
- At least two bibs
- Baby sleeping bag with a fitted neck and armholes and no hood
- A few cute outfits for your outings together
- If breastfeeding:
- Breastfeeding bras and tops
- Breastfeeding support pillow
Do you know that an average baby will need 1057 nappy changes in the first 6 months? Get exclusive promotions and free diaper samples by joining the Huggies Club now!
The information published herein is intended and strictly only for informational, educational, purposes and the same shall not be misconstrued as medical advice. If you are worried about your own health, or your child’s well being, seek immediate medical advice. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website. Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries assumes no liability for the interpretation and/or use of the information contained in this article. Further, while due care and caution has been taken to ensure that the content here is free from mistakes or omissions, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information here, and to the extent permitted by law, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries do not accept any liability or responsibility for claims, errors or omissions.