1. Breastfeeding is completely natural, and gives your baby the very best start in life by providing antibodies via the colostrum produced in the early days after birth.
2. Although it is an entirely natural process, it can be difficult to get it right and can be a very emotional time for a new mother.
3. Having the right support around you is essential for convenient breastfeeding; make sure you have yours.
4. It can take a few weeks for you and your baby to get used to this new experience, but it only gets easier as time goes by.
5. Breast milk has all the nutrients your baby needs to grow and develop for the first six months.
6. The consumption of breast milk supports vital brain development and gives long-term health benefits.
7. Breast milk contains antibodies which help protect your baby against infections, including upset tummies and ear infections.
8. Breast-fed babies are less likely to develop conditions such as eczema, asthma and diabetes.
9. Breast milk is always available at the right temperature, and there's no preparation involved.
10. The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until 2 years of age.
Do you know that an average baby will need 1057 nappy changes in the first 6 months? Get exclusive promotions and free diaper samples by joining the Huggies Club now!
The information published herein is intended and strictly only for informational, educational, purposes and the same shall not be misconstrued as medical advice. If you are worried about your own health, or your child’s well being, seek immediate medical advice. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website. Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries assumes no liability for the interpretation and/or use of the information contained in this article. Further, while due care and caution has been taken to ensure that the content here is free from mistakes or omissions, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information here, and to the extent permitted by law, Kimberly-Clark and/ or its subsidiaries do not accept any liability or responsibility for claims, errors or omissions.